U.F.O 'explosively huge' yakisoba roll (Jul 2024)

It's easy to wonder why such a simple carb-on-carb mashup is a conbini staple. Your average yakisoba roll is nothing all that special, when you look at it. Fried noodles and sauce in a plain bun, with a bit of mayo on top (and maybe some pickled ginger, if you get lucky). It's a safe and inoffensive choice.

That said, this isn't your average yakisoba roll by a long shot.

This is the biggest version of the U.F.O yakisoba roll yet. There have been 'large' and 'monster' versions in recent years, all very popular (like, shifted 2.5 million 'monster' rolls popular), but this 'explosive' edition is apparently the most substantial. 

That's the plan, apparently. Give the people even more of what they want. Far more. Go on, let's make them throw up like Bruce Bogtrotter eating a whole chocolate cake. And then come back for seconds.

The 'explosive' size contains twice as much yakisoba as a regular roll. It looks a bit like an explosion in a noodle factory, doesn't it?

As you can kinda see from my terrible photo, all the mayo settled down the side of the plastic container. Shelf placement and gravity in action, folks. I ended up adding more mayo myself to compensate. (Exactly how much mayo? Don't ask.)

Now, I don't have any other good pics of this food, so here's a promo photo instead:

See how tiny the bread looks in comparison to the amount of noodles? Imagine how hard that is to pick up. Trust me, while I was prepping this it didn't feel like it was going to be worth the effort.

I couldn't get good photos because this explosively large noodle sub was extremely difficult and messy to handle. It was so oily. It barely fit onto a dinner plate. The bun split completely in half, and the noodles started falling out of the sides. I had to cut it into four pieces to be able to take a bite.

It was delicious. You can't beat the classics, honestly.

Verdict: 7/10. Next time the noodle factory explodes, I'm taking my own buns.