Eggs'N'Things 14 Stack Pancakes!! (Mar 2024)

It's been far too long since I wrote a review of something delicious and crazy. I've still been eating weird and wonderful food this whole time, but life outside of lunch and dinner has been getting in the way of my blogging routine. We can't have that.

There was a little voice in my head telling me I needed to update this blog. And what better way to get back into it than with a giant stack of 14 pancakes? Specifically, this giant stack of 14 pancakes.

Every year for a while now, Eggs'N'Things in Japan has celebrated its anniversary by bringing out a limited-edition pancake stack. 9th anniversary? 9 pancakes. 10th? 11th? Keep them coming...

We've reached 14, and you can see exactly how that's going. In absolutely the right direction (up).

The press release said that the '14 Stack Pancakes!!' would be on sale at every branch of Eggs'N'Things nationwide. That may have been the original plan, but in reality this menu item was really hard to find. 

I finally found it out in Nishinomiya, on the way to Kobe. It was the 3rd place I tried - neither of the 2 Eggs'N'Things locations in Osaka were promoting it at all. Maybe they couldn't be bothered to make it, who knows. It is a hefty order. I felt kinda bad for the person who had to carry the plate to my table.


They don't skimp on the pancake batter, even when making 14 at a time.

The pancakes themselves aren't any different than usual. No special flavour or toppings, just far more of them in the stack. And I like it that way. They're seriously good pancakes, and I'll happily put as many of them in my face as I can.

...On this occasion, 'as many as I can' turned out to be about half. 

I went in as prepared and as hungry as I could be. The generous thickness of each buttermilk pancake was, in fact, my downfall. It's a hell of a lot of food, and there was a time limit on how long I could stay at the table so I rushed myself. Not a great idea.

I absolutely recommend trying to eat 14 Eggs'N'Things pancakes if you ever get the opportunity, but absolutely not to try and do it in under an hour. They're meant to be enjoyed, not scarfed down so that the next person in the queue can take your table ASAP. I didn't intend for this to be a speedrun. I wish I'd had more time to sit there and make the most of the experience, but hey.

Eating 7 Eggs'N'Things pancakes in one sitting is still a personal best, and I'll take it. If they bring out a stack of 15 next year, I might order them for delivery instead.

Verdict: 14/10. (I had to.) Wish I'd had much longer to enjoy this limited edition plate.