Pringles 'fish & chips' (Oct 2020)

(This review is going to be very short.)

What on earth possessed me to buy 'fish'n'chips' flavoured Pringles?

Sheer, morbid curiosity, that's what. At least it was a small can.


I'm not going to sit here and try to get an essay out of 'what a Pringle is'. It's a crisp, in a tube. They're marketed as being extremely addictive, which is what you want from your crunchy potato snacks.

'London Fish & Chips' is part of the Passport Flavours series, featuring famous tastes from different countries and cities. Other versions: New York cheeseburger, and Sichuan spicy stir-fry chicken. That's it. May as well buy the standard cheese Pringles and leave your passport at home.


The 'chips' flavour should've been a given, seeing as we're talking about a potato snack here. To quote my own tweet about it:

"All I can taste is a weird blend of vinegar, tartar sauce, and batter."

And I can tell you with confidence, that was not good. When I don't even mention the base potato flavour in the potato crisp... suffice to say, the search for authentic fish & chips in Japan continues.

Verdict: 1/10. Stop, Pringles, just stop.