Lotteria's 'with everything' tower burger (Jun 2016)

I read an online article about this limited-edition burger, and I had to have it. Hamburger patty, cheese patty, fried prawn patty, a rib, a fried egg, bacon, lettuce, and 6 kinds of sauce. That's my kind of burger. It was available until the end of May 2016, and might be back someday.

As it was near the end of the offer period when I ate this burger, it wasn't being promoted much. There were no posters/banners up, and it wasn't listed on the menu. I had to ask if it was still on sale - but I did get one, made to order. It arrived nice and quickly, with 2 wrappers (because huge tower burger is huge).

Although clearly the point is to eat this burger, unwrapping it was a serious mistake. For a freshly-made tower of meat and sauce, it had a noticeable lean. So much so, that I couldn't safely pick it up. I had to hold it together to take photos, as the top bun kept sliding off.

Note there's already sauce all over. Turns out, 6 sauces in a burger is 5 too many. I had to deconstruct and reassemble the burger myself, like a Lotteria volunteer, taking out the egg and the rib in the process. I ate the rib separately, but not the egg - in looks, shape and texture, it resembled a drinks coaster. No thanks.

The remaining burger then looked like this:

It at least stood up straight, and didn't move when I took photos.

By this point, I was as much of a mess as this thing. Physically (sauce-covered hands) and emotionally (what a faff!). And I was annoyed. I was irrationally angry at this burger for being such a - excuse me - a clusterfuck of a food item.

The only way to handle that frustration was to eat the whole thing. So I did.

It was bloody good. 

Heaps of mayo (3 kinds), which I always enjoy. The mixed taste of beef and breaded prawns was a pleasant surprise, and cheese is rarely a bad thing.

Still a very wet burger, though, and hard to (wo)manhandle. I've had sauce-soaked burgers before - they came with a knife and fork. Lotteria didn't offer me so much as a damp hand towel (you get that basically everywhere else). I had to take a break mid-marathon to grab an armful of dry napkins.

Also, I made 2 rookie mistakes while eating this burger that I'm willing to admit:

1. Wearing a white dress. Yeah, didn't plan this one, it was a spur-of-the-moment eat. To my amazement, the dress is unscathed. Not so much as a crumb. I am the luckiest woman in the world.

2. Ordering the burger as part of a meal set, and not by itself. Why did I choose fries and a drink on the side? Had to angrily finish off those as well.

Neither of those things are the burger's fault, so I can't really mark it down there.

Verdict: 8/10, waiting for the 'with everything except quite so much sauce' edition.